Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010

Ok I have to admit it. I still haven't stepped on a scale.


I will say this... I am able to wear those size 18 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and I am able to zip and button them all while STANDING!!


I still feel full quick and have learned that several things are not my friend... tater tots, macaroni in any form or shape, well actually... pasta in general is a tricky subject. Chili is not something that I am able to eat that much of. I made a white chicken chili and my body did better with that than red chili. I LOVE fritoes but my new system hates them, the sight of them and pretty much the look of them. Gone are the days of my friend Rick's shrimp dip with fritoes scoops. I tried to eat it when he visited but my system said... "Yeah.. don't think so!"


I did decide to buy myself a George Foreman grill. Actually I used my Kohl's Kash on it but the grill is what I chose. So I brought it home and decided to cook some burgers on it. Now let me tell you this... we make burgers a lot. My kids love them, my spouse loves them and I can eat about 1/4th without the bun and my mouth is watering afterwards! So I toss 4 on my new kitchen contraption. I look at it and wonder how they are going to turn out. I set my timer for 5 min because I figured I will check them after a few minutes anyways. As they are cooking the grease is collecting in that tray. Now I had always seen the grease on the bottom of my indoor grill pan but didn't realize just how much grease 8 hamburgers produce. By the time the last 4 burgers were done, the fat tray was filled up! So that is when I decided that I made a good purchase.


Now I have a dilemma. I have to make a TON of sweets next week for teachers, kids friends, neighbors, etc. I can do it because I did it for Thanksgiving.


My dilemma is that my weight loss surgery support group is asking me to bring some finger food. Oh.. did I mention... DR B will be there???? Now is my chance to show him my cooking ability so he can ask me out!! The problem... I MAKE SWEETS!!!! Really really good ones!!!


What can I make that is "somewhat healthy" but so totally outstanding that he says.. "Oh Kim.. you really are the one for me!!"
I don't think that I should make him sweets but maybe I should??? I could show my mad cooking skills by only making him a sweet plate then I could make something else for the other people?


Oh my sweet friends.... HELP ME!!! I have less than ONE WEEK to find a recipe that will have him asking for more than a walk outside! hubba hubba!!

No comments:

Post a Comment