Wednesday, August 24, 2011

126

126


126 is the amount of weight I have lost to date.
Is it the amount I wanted to lose by now?
HELL NO.
Am I happy with this weight loss?
HELL YES


I was hoping I would have lost close to 200 pounds by now. I suppose I have myself to blame for not losing more. I got stuck for awhile but I am back on track!


I think the kids being home for the summer really did me in. They did all sorts of fun stuff and I drank all kinds of alcohol.
Alcohol is my new guilty pleasure.
It used to be candy but now it is alcohol.
I suppose if I am going to continue to drink, I should find an alcoholic beverage that has less calories.


You see I found this at the grocery store...

I know what your thinking....
That is wierd. How can something that comes in a pouch at the grocery store and costs less than $3 taste good??
There is something that happens when you put this in the freezer, or better yet when you take it out of the freezer...

Trust me when I say don't even bother getting a glass. Just cut a hole at the top and stick a straw in it. SO GOOD!! It even wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be. DONT GET ME WRONG, this shit is sweet just NOT AS sweet as I was expecting.

You want sweet? Hell, I'll give you sweet. If I can't eat it... you might as well!

Kim's Homemade Peach Cobbler

Peach filling ingredients~
about 8 peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into slices or chunks (whatever you prefer)
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of cloves
1 tsp. vanilla

cobbler ingredients ~
1 recipe peach filling
1 cup flour
1/4 cup + 2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
1/3 cup buttermilk
(Substitution: 1 cup milk + 1 T vinegar + sitting out for 5 minutes= 1 cup buttermilk)
4 T butter, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions ~
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400.
Place the fruit filling in a 9" deep dish pie plate.
Put the pie plate on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake 30 minutes.

While the fruit is baking, whisk together the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt together in a large bowl.
In a seperate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, melted butter & vanilla together.
In a small dish, toss the cinnamon with the remaining 2 tsp sugar.

When the fruit filling is done baking, whisk the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until the dough is just combined.

Remove filling from oven and stir. Drop the biscuit dough on top of the filling however you want it to look.
Sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon/sugar recipe.
Return to oven and bake for 15-20 min or until the biscuits are cooked through and are brown on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment