Monday, February 17, 2014

Life in the 100's

My last post was more like a whoeisme post.
I was having a hard week (year) and was feeling sorry for myself.


My all-inclusive, adults only trip with 7 of my girlfriends was just what the dr. ordered.


I can't tell you about all our antics (what happens on the girl's trip, stays on the girl's trip) but I can tell you a few things.


To date I have lost 215 pounds.
Which means, I have lost more than I currently weigh!
YEAH ME!!


Even though I am now in the 100's, I still don't feel good about my body.
I am not sure I ever will feel good about my body but I do feel better.


The good thing about traveling with your gorgeous girlfriends is that they make you feel like you are gorgeous also.
There is a lot to be said about having a roommate (LK) that tells you that you're beautiful everyday.
Yes, there was A LOT of alcohol consumed but sometimes the truth comes out when you are sloshed. So I will take LK's word for it on this one. HAHAHA


Another thing is that when you are traveling with group of hot women, you tend to get attention from hot guys.
You see that is something that I am not used to. Yes, I get asked out when driving my bus on occasion but that's different.


To actually have hot guys sit by you on the beach because they think you are hysterical and fun to be around is a huge compliment.
To have those same guys dance with you in the club is fun.
To have them make you laugh is fun.
To have them pay attention to you is something that is hard to forget.


It is hard to come back to reality after a week of constant compliments.


Yes, my girlfriends are gorgeous but they are also the best friends anyone could ask for.


LK, GP, TH, LH, T, AR & SF are the cure for when you are feeling whoeisme.


On our trip we went on a pirate ship. I had the cutest little guy dancing with me.
On our trip we went on a sunset cruise. I had the funnest time dancing with my girlfriends.
On our trip we attended a foam party. No words can describe the fun with this one. If you have never attended a foam party, I highly recommend it.
On our trip we went into the resort's club where I went toe to toe with LH in consuming 10 lemon drop shots. After the 10th one a man said he needed someone like me on his trips. LH proceeded to tell him he could have me!
On our last night we sat on the beach and decided to go for a swim.
So we did! LK turned some music on her phone and we danced and played around in the water with our beers wearing just our under garments.
I have never laughed so much in all my life.


You see, being in the 100's has its advantages.
I would have NEVER had the nerve to disrobe on a public beach before the weight loss.


In 6 days, I will be on vacation again.
This time with my family.
Chances are there will be no midnight swim in my underwear.
Chances are there will be no hot guys sitting by me on the beach.
Chances are there will be no foam party either.


However, I will have my family with me.
As a family we need this break.
As a family we are going to breathe a little easier.
As a family we are going to enjoy each other's company.
With my family in tow, I am getting to check off something from my bucket list.


You see, now that I'm in the 100's, I am going zip-lining!!


You know what....


I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment