Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello Sunshine!

I have not written here in a while because I have been on vacation for what seems like forever.

I went on vacation first with my family. We flew to Puerto Rico on a Thursday and spent a few wonderful sun soaked days at a resort in Dorado. Then on Sunday (16th) we boarded the Carnival Victory. I had heard that she was an older ship and I probably wouldn't like her as much as the Conquest. Well the person that said that can kiss my (hopefully shrinking) ass! That ship was fabulous! The cabins were huge and the crew was just as friendly as on the newer ships. I have no complaints at all to report on the Victory except for the fact that I couldn't afford to stay on for another week.
The stops were St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. I have now decided that if I were to be kidnapped and whisked away I would prefer it to be to St. Kitts or St. Maarten. I loved the other islands but those were my favorite. We saw St. Kitts on what used to be the "sugar train". It is been converted into a "scenic railway". Oh so pretty! Of course, had I known that the train a few days earlier had de-railed I might have not chosen such a unique way to see the island. Good thing I didn't research as much as I usually do. In St. Maarten I visited the Guavaberry Imporium and bought myself a guavaberry colada. OMG!! Seriously, I needed some "assistance" from my spouse to get my ass back to the water taxi. I regret not buying a bottle of guavaberry rum. I guess this means that I will have to go back... hopefully sooner than later!
My family had a fabulous time and even though my youngest LOST his brand new DSi and 5 freakin' games, I wouldn't have changed a thing. The whole vacation was perfect. The kids started to bicker one day and I said "That's it! I'm done with this behavior! This is the last damn vacation I am EVER planning for you people!!", then I walked out of the cabin for a while. When I returned, everyones attitudes had changed drastically! Who knew a little meltdown on my part would rejuvinate my family??
All in all the kids missed 5 days of school, even though we were gone for longer. ;)
When we came home I had 5 days before I was to leave again for my girl's trip.
Would you care to guess which one I had more fun on???

No comments:

Post a Comment