Wednesday, April 17, 2013

254

254

That is the number that has been on my scale for EVER.
I tried exercising. I watched what I ate. I even tried to be nicer.

and yet....

254

No matter what, there was no change.

254
254
254

I know that this seems like a ridiculously high number to see on the scale.
You're right!
254 is a huge number.
But you know what??

384

That number is much higher.

384

That is the number that I saw when I was at a doctor's visit.
384
That is the number that haunted me as I approached 40.

How in the hell did I get myself in this position?
How in the hell did I get to be so fucking fat?
384
The sad part....
I didn't see it.
I actually thought I looked good.
What in the hell was I thinking?
NOBODY looks good at 384 pounds!
 
 
I thought I looked HOT in this picture.
HOT
HOLY SHIT what was I thinking???
How many freakin' chins can you count??
How round is my face??
What in the hell was I thinking??
 
So you know what I did. I had gastric bypass.
And for the past year all I have seen on the scale is
254
254 is better than 384
254 is better but not good.
 
So you know what I did.
I jumped through some pretty large hoops and decided to have a revision done.
You see it seems as though some people's bodies reject the gastric bypass.
Mine did that.
I did what I was suppose to MOST OF THE TIME
Yes, I'm not suppose to drink beer but sometimes I do.
I can't help it. I love dark beer on draft and if I have to drink a bottle I prefer Peroni and Belgium 1554.
 
A few beers didn't sabotage me.
 
Well before I went on my girls trip this year I went back to my liquid diet for a while so I could get in a smaller size.
It worked.
I wore a size 18 and the number was 248
248
248 but with my "fatsucker" that I bought at Target I was able to zip (while laying down) a pair of size 16 bling butt jeans.
248
248 is better than 254 but not much better.
 
Then I started doing the liquid diet again to get ready for my revision when I found out I had to have an emergency hysterectomy.
 
After my hysterectomy the scale said 244.
244
244 is better than 248 but I did have my uterus, tubes and ovaries taken out.
 
The night following my revision surgery the nurse said I weighed 240.
You see I was on a bed with a built in scale or something.
240
240 is better than the 254 I saw forever.
 
Well today I went to visit Dr. Takemyfataway to get my jp drain removed.
I was trying to decide what to wear and I reached for my size 16 bling butt jeans I bought for my girls trip.
Well obviously I couldn't wear my fat sucker because of the drain.
(Shit, I was lucky I could put my bra on!!)
 
While STANDING I put on my size 16 jeans and there seemed to be some wiggle room in the waist.
 
 
223
223
 
223 is what the scale said with bling butt jeans ON, a shirt on and a jp drain still attached!!
 
223
 
Is 223 the number I want to be at??
Hell no!
Is 223 a good start??
Hell yes!
 
Am I in pain from my surgery?
Yes
Am I on a liquid diet right now?
Yes
Am I sick of broth?
Yes
Am I sick of feeling like crap?
Yes
Am I sick of not being able to drive?
Yes
Am I sick of being forced to rest?
Yes
Am I sick of asking people for help?
YES
Did all those feelings go away when I saw 223 on the scale??
HELL YES
 
You see, I am in pain. I am sick of broth. I am sick of "resting". I am sick of not being able to drive.
I am sick of asking people for help.
 
However, I know that it will be worth it.
 
To some I may seem shallow trying to look my best.
To others, I am really no different from anyone else who tries to look good.
 
384 didn't look good to me.
254 didn't look good to me.
 
What will look good to me?
I can't say for sure.
 
I do know that I am on the right path no matter how hard this path may be this is what I have chosen for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment