Thursday, April 11, 2013

What's Going on??

Ok... time for some explanations..

Yes I have basically had 2 back to back surgerys.
The first one was a total hysterectomy on Feb 28th.
The second one was on MONDAY.

For stupid insurance reasons I had to jump through a bunch of hoops but it boils down to the fact that at 12 on Monday I went in for surgery.

The results are as follows...
 
3 inches was removed from my intestines
3/4 of my original pouch was cut off
a hernia was found and fixed while he was in there
 
So that is what I had done. The surgery lasted approximately 4 1/2 hours.
Once again I showed slow recovery with a low heartbeat and I couldn't keep my oxygen stats up.
They put me on oxygen and monitored me around the clock.
They made me get up from my hospital bed around midnight to walk the hallways and go to the restroom.
They kinda laughed at me when I asked for a toothbrush. :)
They came in my room every hour or so. I was hooked up to a morphine pump but I also had a medicine ball attached to the "sorest" area.
The next day I passed my upper gi test but my blood pressure went to 89/46 but gradually went up to 99/50. They put me back on oxygen and told me to get comfortable because I wasn't leaving anytime soon.
Wednesday I asked (begged) to go home. My blood pressure eventually went up a little, they took away my pump and said that if the blood results were good I could leave.
I got home Wednesday night around 7.
I missed my kids. I missed their smiles and their sweet voices.
Now I am home. I feel miserable but at least I knew what was basically going to happen.
This surgery is being labeled "revision".
IF I thought for one minute that the original gastric bypass hurt, then I clearly had no idea what pain was because this sucker is knocking me out!
 
Now, you know what I did and why I was in the hospital.
 
Hopefully by summertime, I will be really cute again. ;)
 
Thank you to all my friends who called to check on me. Your calls meant the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment