Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30. 2010

Ok I have not stepped on a scale since Thanksgiving. I will tell you why... GREEN BEAN BUNDLES!!

Before Thanksgiving a question was asked during my support group meeting.. "What do we do about Thanksgiving?"
The question I heard was "How in the hell are we going to manage not eating a bunch on the day we are suppose to be stuffing our faces??"
She suggested only picking out the stuff we really like and don't always have.

So Thanksgiving morning comes around and I am baking a ham, some yummy potatoes (SC's recipe!), copper pennies, my cheese ball (log this time because it would not cooperate!), orange balls, pecan pie and a new experiment.. pumpkin spice fudge. The pumpkin pecan pie I experimented with was ate a few days before Thanksgiving... I guess it was a hit. haha

So we get to my mother's house and my brother, his wife and my sister's father-in-law keep staring at me. I guess it had been a while since they saw me. So they kept staring at me saying... "WOW!!"
(NOTETOSELF: Avoid all friends and family for a while to get same reaction!)

So we said Grace and everyone DUG IN like they hadn't eaten in a few days. I kinda stood around and starting fixing kids' drinks. I had decided that I would be the last one to fix a plate so I wouldn't get caught up in the "piling my plate frenzy".

By the time I started fixing my plate everyone else was sitting down. I decided to start off with a small plate instead of the big ones. I put a tiny amount on my plate of the copper pennies (Thanksgiving staple), turkey, ham, my sister's broccoli casserole and my potatoes. I did manage to also add 1 of my sister-in-laws deviled eggs and 1 green bean bundles on my plate. I avoided the rolls and everything else. Oh, when I say tiny I mean a TEENY TINY amount. When I sat down my brother asked me if I was going to enjoy my "appetizer". Everyone was shocked at how little I had on my plate. When everyone got up for a second round I handed my small plate to G, gave him my most pitiful face and asked for 1 more deviled egg and 2 more green bean bundles. He seemed shocked knowing how little I eat these days. I assured him I would finish them all but I would probably take a while. I avoided the pumpkin pies (my favorite), the pecan pie and all the other desserts available. Instead I grabbed one cup of spiced cider and sipped on it for the next hour.

I would like to think that I worked it off doing some Black Friday shopping with my mom the next day but I am still afraid to look at the scale. I want it to say 240 so bad I can scream. I think I will look tomorrow while everyone is at school...

maybe......

No comments:

Post a Comment