Monday, December 27, 2010

Bariatric Surgery Support Group ~ Holiday Editiono

Ok, so where to begin?

I had decided that the only way Dr. Takemyfatawaynow was going to ask me out was by having him know about my mad cooking skills. The problem? My mad skills are best shown in the dessert section.

I think I know what you're thinking... Isn't taking desserts to this meeting kinda like taking a bottle of wine to your AA sponsor? (Thanks JA for bringing this to my attention. LOL) Perhaps so, but a married 40 year old with a crush has limited options.

So I made LOTS of goodies and packaged them up in adorable Christmas "chinese takeout boxes". Are you wondering what I brought him?

Try not to drool... butter-rum poundcake, red velvet cake, peppermint bark, HOMEMADE pumpkin fudge and my Icouldsobethenextmrsfields chocolate chip cookies! For my meeting I made chicken wings that were marinated in soy sauce and pineapple juice. Then they were baked with a layer of sugar free lemon jello granules and poppy seeds. Very pretty dish!

During the meeting we all had to introduce ourselves... Hi my name is Kim and I had gastric bypass on August 16th.... I have lost "x" amount of pounds... etc etc etc

Well as any of my friends can tell you, I really wasn't listening that well. It is because I was distracted by Dr Iwanttodateyou! I caught him peeking into his boxes and pulling out a cookie. He put the cookie behind his back and then turned around. When he turned back around he had the cutest look upon his face. I watched him do this a few more times. When I got up to talk to someone he walked over to MOI! He started off by saying I "looked good" (heart fluttering) and then he said "That is the best cookie I have ever eaten. I think you should sell them." Halleluah Hallelulah I'm getting closer to being told...Kim, you are the one for me! Or at least being asked out on a date.

Don't you think??? (better say yes)

No comments:

Post a Comment