Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

I just wanted to share my favorite quote with you.....

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quote and I try to live my life by it. It is hard to fail but sometimes I feel like I fail myself. I know that I am not suppose to eat certain things but every once in a while I slip. I know as I am eating those cape cod chips that I should not be eating them but the crisp salty flavor on my tongue makes me forget for a moment how horrible I will feel later.

I saw a lady tonight who hasn't seen me for MONTHS. She looked at me shockingly and asked me how much weight I had lost. I told her ... "I think 95 pounds or maybe a little more?"
She then asked me if I cheated by having surgery because there is no way I could loose that much otherwise.

I informed her by saying that Yes I did have surgery but in no way is that cheating! I started to go on a rant about how I struggle with choices everyday but decided not to waste my breath on someone that didn't get it. Instead I told her... my quote. She looked at me in astonishment and apologized for offending me. I told her that I RARELY get offended, I just get upset when people say that I cheated by having surgery. So I will say it again...

I DID NOT CHEAT!! I TOOK EXTREME MEASURES TO TRY NOT TO BE FAT AGAIN!!

When will people learn????

No comments:

Post a Comment