Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dresses!

I was visiting with some friends the other day and they were asking me what I was going to wear on my upcoming vacation.

SHIT! I completely forgot about formal night on the cruise. I bought some new dresses last year but I am happy to say that those size 26/28 and 30/32 dresses are no longer able to fit me. :)

My friends suggested I go to Ross. I have never even walked into that store before so I was aprehensive.

I walked into Ross and headed straight for the dresses. I first picked up size 24 and headed to the fitting room. The man at the fitting room asked me if the dresses were for me. (Yes, they are GENIOUS!!)
Well the man (or manly woman... still not sure) said that those dresses were not about to fit me and that I should find a smaller size.
So I went back and found some size 22 dresses. I took them back and they were big. Back to the rack and got size 20. Verdict... still too big. So, I go back to the rack and grab some 18's.
Now some of you might be saying.. "Why didn't you grab the 18s to begin with? Isn't that the size of jeans you are wearing??"
I have to say that once I thought about it the size 18 did make sense.

This weight loss shit is such a damn mental battle I feel like some days I am on the loosing side of this war!!

So I grabbed what I thought was 4~18's. 
I also grabbed one of those things that is kinda sheer, short sleeves and reminds me of a bolero jacket. I don't know what those things are called because I have never worn them before.

The problem is that the dresses I found are all sleeveless or have thin straps for sleeves. Now, I don't know about you but I have "flags" at the bottom of my arms so they do not need to be shown in public. This little shirt thing covered up my arms perfectly and went with all the dresses that I picked out.

Back to dresses...
While I was doing a happy dance in the dressing room I had one last dress to try on.
I put it on and I thought "this one looks nice but it is a little tighter than the others".
I took it off and looked at the size... a FREAKIN' 16!!
If you know me then you know that that is the first one I put on the counter.

All in all I bought 3 formal-type dresses, a walk-about dress and that little sheer jacket thingy.

YIPEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment