Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's going to be a great year!!

It's going to be a great year!!

I can feel it!

I know I am onto something with this red food dye experiment.

This morning I made the kids waffles. It was the 1st day of school!

I also made their lunches in their expensive lunch boxes.
Do you realize the anxiety involved in making lunches that don't have anything pre-packaged in them? It's extremely stressful! I have people ask me..."It's just lunch. Why are you stressed?"
Well... It's NOT just lunch.
This is a meal that needs to get my kids from point a to point b during the day.
If they are having a bad day and I send them junk for lunch do you think the day will get better or worse?
If they are having a bad day and I send them healthy food that looks pretty then I think the day will get better.

So today was the first day and this is what their lunch looked like...

I prepared by making the small muffin looking things the night before.

I think that lunch looks yummy!

Remember when I said I made them waffles for breakfast?
This morning was relatively calm while everyone got dressed and ate.
I walked h to school because he starts before everyone.
When we walked into the school I asked him if he wanted to go to the BIC room or if he wanted to go to the 3rd grade holding station (cafeteria). He thought about it a little while and decided the cafeteria!
I couldn't believe it!
I waited in the cafeteria with him and when his teacher showed up I explained what a big deal this was.
I reluctantly left the school and proceeded to have a small anxiety attack.
I decided to spend the majority of the day running errands.
When I got home I noticed I had a message from the school.

My first thought was

SHIT! NOT AGAIN!

I listened to the message expecting the worst and instead it was a message of encouragement.
Yup, h's new teacher had left a message saying what a fabulous day he was having. She said that she knew I was nervous and wanted to be sure I was reassured.

I was so overwhelmed I started to cry.

I honestly can't explain my feelings.

All I can say is that I feel like a weight has been lifted.
I feel like he has a teacher that truly has his best intentions at heart.
I feel like this is the year everyone will see how wonderful my son is.
I feel like this is the year where my anxiety level will even out.
I feel like my house could go back to normal again.
I feel like there is hope for my baby boy.
I feel like this teacher is a blessing.

Did I mention that she said she prayed for h this weekend.

His new teacher prayed for him!

I feel like we are right where we need to be...  we're not a perfect family but we are family.

WE CAN DO THIS!!


Now if you'll excuse me... I have to take out my homemade cheesy chicken taquitos out of the oven and finish my homemade ranch dip.

Why the hell do I do this shit at midnight instead of during the day??

No comments:

Post a Comment