Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Sucks... Bring on SCHOOL!

This summer sucks.

I have been trying to hold onto my sanity and it's not working.
When these days happen do you know what I do...

YUP! I bake!

However, with some recent discoveries (h's weigh in at the shrink) I have decided to make some drastic changes around here.

My 12 step program to healthy lunches...

Step One:
Bought all my kids expensive ass Planetbox lunch boxes.

Step Two:
These new lunch boxes will prevent me from buying baggies and pre-packaged lunch crap.

Step Three:
Dust off all "as seen on tv" items from garage.

Step Four:
Start experimenting with "as seen on tv" items.

Step Five:
Convince children that dehydrated fruit tastes much better than fruit snacks.

Step Six:
Convince children that homemade beef jerky is much better than store bought.

Step Seven:
Convince children that raisins CAN taste good if you make them yourself from big ass juicy grapes.

Step Eight:
Make a chicken in your own rotisserie to show children that whole chickens can taste good.

Step Nine:
Keep buying fruit and throwing it in Ninja because ONE DAY you will figure out how to make homemade fruit roll ups.

Step Ten:
Convince children that drinks found in pouches don't taste as good as water. (yeah right)

Step Eleven:
Get children excited about new lunch possibilities!

Step TWELVE:
STOCK up on LOTS of wine because I'm starting to feel overwhelmed about these future "healthy" lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment