Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aug 2 ~ Aug. 4

Ok.

So I drank a LOT in Austin. I ate in Galveston and now I am home and I am suppose to stick with cucumbers, celery, sugar free popsicles and slimfast.

Monday Aug 2 I did fine.
Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE slimfast???
Well regardless of how much I hate it, I have to get used to it because I will be drinking it for the next month! uughh

Tuesday Aug 3 was a little harder.
I had only 2 slimfasts during the day.
I knew I was going to the Aerosmith concert so I was trying to prepare myself in case the "drinks" got really tempting.
Ok. so at the concert I went straight for the pretty swirl margarita in the 2-3 foot glass. YEah.... well at least it is liquid and I really wanted those yummy nachos!!
Then Blue October was finishing up and we thought that it would be best to pee now and refill our beverages.
This time I opted for the 24 oz can of Bud Light Lime.
Again, I passed on the nachos and hot dogs!
Came home, drank about 5 glasses of water and went to bed around 3 am.

Wednesday Aug 4
I am still not weighing myself because I think I gained a lot in Austin.
I am trying to drink 6 slimfasts but it is hard! Especially since tonight I am making fajitas. Oh, I LOVE that beef!!!!
I could even smell it grilling. Oooh la la.
I ended up drinking 4 slimfasts and eating an entire package of mini cucumbers.

I now have an appt on Tuesday the 10th in DALLAS. I have to do some pre-op stuff. They said it will take around 3-4 hours.
I told G that he has to take off 1/2 a day because I won't be home. To say that went over very bad would be an understatement. The man knows I want his support but his hard headedness won't give it to me. However, he did already let his work know.
Is he coming around???

In great news my surgery is on the 16th at 9:30. I have to be there at 7:30 and it is an overnight stay so I have asked my mom to take me. We are going to spend the night at my brother and sister-in-laws place because they are closer to the hospital than I am. (THANKS M&M!!)

I got 4 prescriptions that I already filled.
1 is a patch that I have to put on the night before surgery. After looking at it closer I realized it is the same patch that my friends GP and TH wore on our girls cruise. Ok... so now I know that I will have blurry vision for a few days.

1 is prescription pepcid that I will start taking the day after my surgery.

1 is prescription hydrocodone. Ok, this one I am used to because of my foot and back. However, this particular prescription is LIQUID!! Have you ever seen liquid pain medication?? Weird weird and a little scarey.

I have to go buy Miralax and start taking it "the day before the day before surgery". Ummmm... dipshit at Dr. Takemyfatawaynow office.... can't you just say to start it on Saturday?

Then there is the last prescription..... shots.......... 14 of them............ that I have to give myself in the stomach...........
Now, I don't mind shots. I gave them to myself for fertility. I can totally do this... or so I thought...... The stomach? Really?? When the Walgreens pharmasist asked me if I had any questions I said.... "Can you do this one in your thigh? I am used to the thigh?" Um no, either your arm or your stomach. Do you have any other questions? "Yes! Can you come over and administer the shots for me?" (PUZZLED LOOK) duh duh duh I don't think so duh duh duh "No worries mon... just kiddin'" (Come on... who doesn't love screwing with people once in a while?? Although part of me might have been a little bit serious?)

Now, I am really starting to miss food and the realization of not eating certain things is coming upon me.

I really thought I could do this but now I am just not so sure............

No comments:

Post a Comment