Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

Yesterday I woke up feeling like crap but still managed to weigh myself.. 314.

Today I woke up feeling the same. In fact I woke up, let Irving outside, took my pain medicine, drank some water and went back to bed. I woke up again 4 hours later to the sound of the phone ringing. The dr on call last night FINALLY called me back. I literally had to call the answering service twice. When the dr called me he admitted that he saw my page but "forgot" to call back. Since I am keeping liquids down with no fever then he feels like my pain is "normal post operative pain". My thinking is this... If my pain medicine is NOT helping this particular pain then this is NOT normal. You can be sure when I see Dr. Barnes on Wed to get this tube out that I will be asking about this pain. It sort of reminds me of your worst pre-menstrual cramping times 1000! NO EXAGERATION!

Ok, now that I have tried to explain my pain let me tell you that I NEVER expected this. I honestly don't know what I expected. I just know it wasn't this. I guess I figured that I have had 2 vertical cut c-sections so this would be a "no biggie" surgery. I can now say that I was WRONG. This surgery has kicked me on my ass more than I expected it to. If any of you thought I was tough with a high tolerance for pain then I am here to tell you that it is time to change your perception. I am weak with little to no tolerance for pain.

On a positive note I took a shower today. I love taking showers. They seem to make you feel better when you are at your worst. In the shower I was able to use my new Bath n Body Works stuff from my FWMOM friends. Ahhh, that smells so good. Thank you! Yes... you heard me right... I SMELLED IT!!!!!
When I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and it looked like my top "roll" was smaller than before. HHHMMMM??? I decided to get the scale down and weigh myself. 308!!! WOW!!! I feel like total crap but I can see it is working. Hopefully soon I will start to feel better. As soon as I do I will be able to start using that gym membership I am paying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment