Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 6, 2010

Ok, there have been some changes going on and I have been so busy absorbing all my information that I am literally been too overwhelmed to write.

I have been eating edamamme as my protein supplement because I hate my slimfast and I am so sick of cucumbers.
Well today I was in my WLS (weight loss surgery) class.
I learned that the reason the doctor puts you on a liquid diet is so that it will shrink the fat around the liver and parts of the liver as well. Apparently the part of the stomach they need to get to is laying under the liver in the back. I also found out that Dr. Takemyfatawaynow will know if you have been eating when he goes in for the surgery. SHIT! No more edamamme.

I can do this!

I also found out that once my surgery is over, I am not allowed to have slimfast!!!! When skinnybitch told me that I thought I was going to fall out of my chair.

Apparently the "liquid diet" you have to be on for 2 weeks after surgery is not the same liquid diet that I am on now. It consists of low fat cream of chicken soup, broths, sugar free pudding, sugar free jello, stage 1 baby foods (I shit you not!) and some canned vegetables.

I was really starting to wonder if I could do this but I really think I can! (I just have to get past these 2 weeks first!)

My surgery is overnight and I am having my mom take me instead of LK & GP. I love my friends more than they will ever know but I really feel like I want a family member present. So next Sunday night my mom and I are going to spend the night with my brother and his wife. They live in the Arlington area so that is closer than far South Fort Worth to Dallas Downtown. Besisdes I have to be there at 7:30. My surgery will take place around 10 and it should last only 35 minutes. Apparently Dr. Takemyfatawaynow is some kind of bariatric surgery genious. Good for him... just get it right and don't screw up!

I can do this!

In the meantime, I have to find a multivitamin to take twice a day (Flinstones with Iron recommended).
A calcium tablet with calcium citrate, Vitamin D and magnesium included.
An Iron supplement.
A B-12 supplement.
A protein something or another (shake, bar, soup, etc...)

Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE taking pills??????
Now I will be chewing them at every meal!

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment