Monday, August 2, 2010

July 25 ~ August 1

July 25
Came home from PTA conference. Packed kids suitcases and the van.

July 26 ~ July 31
Took Irving to the doggie hotel and drove out of town to Galveston.
My family had a great time in Galveston. We went to the beach and relaxed as a family. I stuck to my slimfast for breakfast and lunch but I ate the same dinner that I made for my family. The place we stayed at had an oven so we actually only went out to dinner 3 times. The first was at Little Caesars the night we got there so I just drank a slimfast. We also went to Golden Corral (my kids favorite!) and to Fisherman's Wharf (my ultimate favorite!).
The other nights I just cooked.
There was a Wal-Mart close by so I gathered all my groceries there. I even bought a 10x10 shade there to protect our sunburned faces further.
Our days consisted of me making breakfast while everyone packed the cooler. After breakfast we gathered our beach stuff and WALKED to the beach. We would leave around 6, walk back to the hotel, shower the sand off at the outside showers and swim in the hotel pool for a little while. While everyone else was swimming, I would go back to the room, take a shower and start dinner. At night we would all sit around and watch a little TV while snacking on POPCORN. YES I did it! I ate spicy nacho microwave popcorn 2 nights in a row!!

August 1
We checked out of our hotel and drove to NASA. Since L wants to be an Astronaut Doctor, G thought that this would be a great "field trip" for her.
We stayed there until 5:30!!!
We left there and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.
Came home around midnight.

All in all we had a fabulous time. WE were going to come home on Saturday but we decided to stay an extra day.

Tomorrow I start my all slimfast all the time because my surgery is 2 weeks from TOMORROW!! WOO WHOOO!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: