Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25, 2010

Ok so today my triplets are 8 years old! Since they always have their annual visit on their birthday G is taking them today because I am getting my tube out!

My friend LK agreed to take me after I begged for someone to hold my hand. haha just kidding. LK is the best. I asked her to take me because I was freaked out and she thankfully accepted. So we go to the drs office and I am taking directly to the scale. Ok... was it yesterday or the day before that the scale was 306? Yesterday? I think so. Ok... so I am thinking that the scale is probably going to read higher. The reason?? Mother Nature's Monthly Gift. (Personally I would like to smack the shit out of the person that originally said it was a gift but that's just my opinion!) So, I get on the scale and it says 302! Holy Shit! 4 pounds down from yesterday (or whenever it was) AND I'm bloated! Woo Whooo!!

So I go to lay on the table and the girl takes off my bandage and asks normal questions like... How much has it been draining? When was the last time you drained it? How much was in it? and I'm like "I drained it this morning and the amounts are on that paper."
So as we are waiting in the waiting room I am laying on this table. Now if you know me then you know that I am not a patient person. I HATE to wait. The girl came back in and said that Dr. Barnes was in the OR and he would be over when he was done. Sure enough about 10 minutes later in walked Dr. Takemyfatawaynow. He snipped my stitches and pulled the tube right out. To be honest it didn't really hurt. I mean there were a few stitches that had made themselves comfortable with my skin but it was nothing to scream about. I did almost scream when I saw the other end of my tube. I am not sure how they got that thing in there but it was VERY LONG!!!
So while he is in there I ask... So I have been having this intense cramping. Like I feel like I am dying and I am doubled over in pain. MAJOR CRAMPING HERE. So he asks me where? I point and his answer... "You need to poop!" HUH?? "Seriously, you need to poop, that's it!"
After what seemed like a 10 minute lesson on how the rectum works I left with a knowledge that benefiber and miralax are going to be my new best friends. Oh, that and Protein.

So, LK being the good friend that she is drove me to Target for some benefiber and cupcakes. While there I bought my trio some presents and everyone some new underwear/panties... except h (he only wears Calvin Klein). While walking around Target we ran into our good friend GP. As we were all standing there I realized that my friends are not only gorgeous on the outside but they are gorgeous on the inside. I feel really blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Next stop The Vitamin Shoppe! Oh boy this one I am dreading. Dr. B. scolded me because I am not getting enough protein. So LK wanted to be sure to take me there. This man kept talking up this one that has 50g and it is only 4 oz. I was like.. Cool... that might be an easy one to try. I bought 2 of those and then 2 Protein Blitz ones. In the car, LK insisted that I drink some to get started. Ok let's just say that I drank some and I kept it down. I wish there was some way I could put it into words how horrible this particular one was. However, I can't because that would mean that I would have to relive it and NOBODY should have to relive that stuff... NOBODY!

So now I am on a quest to find a protein supplement that will give me 50g of protein. I am open to all suggestions but my requirements are:
It cannot taste like shit!
If it is in pill form (Preferred) it needs to be rather small, or at least small enough to put in my handy new pill splitter.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, my boys (athletes) drink muscle milk, for extra protein.......it's a mix that you can purchase at GNC and some grocery stores.......they mix it with milk, and like the Cookies and Cream flavor the best..........I've never tried it, but they have tried a bunch, and say this is the best tasting one...........granted, they are teenage boys, who will eat most anything..........but, they are pretty picky when stuff doesn't taste good. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will go buy some. Maybe I can get some protein and "muscles" all in one. ;)

    ReplyDelete