Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 16, 2010

Ok, I have some developments...

#1 Exactly one month ago today I had my surgery. Despite my ongoing issues, I would not have changed a thing. I am able to wear pants that feel loose, my Tiffany bracelet is NO LONGER tight on my arm and the size 10 ring that G bought me for Mother's Day almost fell off my finger. These may seem like small changes but for me they are changing my world.

#2 Yes I really did take all 5 of my children to the Consoltation appt yesterday. The good thing is that we only suffered 3/5 meltdowns so I consider that pretty good. The Dr. asked me if they were all mine (as if I would rent children to take to a dr appt?). He asked me if it was a bad time of day to bring them to which I replied.. "That is why I asked for the 1:45 appt!" (Hello... Paging Dr. Dumbass!!)
So he tells me that he believes I have a stricture and that it is a pretty easy fix. He will do the EGD and if it is a stricture then he will open it up and voila! So he then says that I will need someone to drive me (Now you know why LK calls me Daisy!, the procedure should last 15-20 minutes and then I will be in recovery for about an hour. I had a choice of 11:00 with a 9:30 arrival time or 9:00 with a 7:30 arrival time. I chose 11. He then writes me a prescription (ummm... paging Dr. Dumbass... can BARELY keep water down... what makes your prescription so special?)
and tells me that my EGD will be done NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! Seriously? Great! Another week of "hanging on by a thread". THANKS!!!

#3 SO I decide that I am going to go to a "surgical weight loss support group" tonight. I figured that it would be nice to hear other stories and struggles. When I walked in the room I noticed my dietician. I used to refer to her as skinnybitch because she took away my coffee, wine and soda. I would like to apologize right now and say that my dietician is one of the most caring and compassionate people I have ever met. I unloaded my story on her, privately! I explained the symptoms, issues, everything! I even told her about my new find (a hard lump under the bruise left over from my blood thinner shots). Immediately she started texting on her phone saying that the treatment I had been given was completely unprofessional and out of line. She also said that there is no way Dr. B would have let this go on for so long. She then said that I will probably be receiving a phone call tomorrow. She genuinely acted disgusted. I honestly thought I was going to cry. For weeks my family and friends have been extremely worried about me and wondering how I am even functioning. To be honest, I have been wondering the same. I now know that the reason I haven't lost any more weight is because my body is in "starvation mode". Trust me when I say this is NOT a mode you want your body in. I now feel like I am going to get some answers and perhaps a quick resolution to my problems.

#4 I had a positive experience today... I ate 3 TINY bites of chicken pasta salad from Costco and I kept them down!! I was able to keep down the medium cranberry slush and 20 oz xxx vitamin water zero. So my liquid intake increased and so did my food.

Keep praying for resolve so I can get on with my life and become the hot housewife that I know is on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment