Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 18 & 19, 2010

September 18, 2010

Scale.. 287!
That's right folks, my body is now starting to gain weight! Great.
I called H's soccer coach and explained the situation and how H probably wouldn't be able to go to her game. He replied back with.. "Why don't you just bring her over now, let her spend the night with us and then when you get home you can pick her up?"

I wonder how I got so blessed to have a soccer coach that understands when you need something and just opens up and offers it. What a great family! THANK YOU JT!

SO we drive to Dallas. I was actually going to drive but G said I looked "bad" so he drove and I told him which exit to take. When I was finally "taken to the back" I told my family "See you soon!". The nurse informed me that I only needed to remove my tops and shoes. She gave me some cute booties and a gown. Then she came over to do my iv. I explained to her all the previous sticks from a month ago and even showed her the 3 remaining bruises. She got it the FIRST time. I have to say, I have NEVER had a nurse get it on the first try! Thank you JESUS!!

Then the iv started to flow and the nurse ran to me, literally! I asked her what was wrong and she said "The color is different in your face!" I was like... crap what color is it? Then she informed me that my color was good and that I must have really needed that iv. I explained everything to her and she said.. "God bless you child. I think you arrived to the hospital just in time." Pretty soon after that I was rolled back to the area that they were going to do the EGD. The anesthesiologist already knew my story some how and told me that he was so sorry. I told him that it wasn't his fault and I was ready to get on with my life. THe dr then came in and said "Hey, you must be Kim! Don't worry, we're going to fix your problem right up. Sorry this has taken so long!" I then told him that it wasn't his fault either. THe anesthesiologist then told me that they were going to add the bite block in my mouth and then I was going to fall asleep. He did tell me that the medicine makes people "Chatty Cathy's" so try to resist the urge to talk. Then he looked down at me and said "I have a feeling this will be the hardest part for you. haha" and he gave me a wink and a smile.

I woke up in recovery feeling 100% better. I was offered and drank a 5 oz can of grape juice. I was ready to run to the bathroom but it didn't happen. I asked for another one and was drinking it as they were wheeling me to the van.
We drove to get Hannah and then home. I undressed into my jammies and went to bed at 11:30 and didnt wake up until 5. When I woke up I immediately got dressed again and started making dinner. I ate 1/4 of a hamburger then I went to the movies with some friends. At the movies, I bought a water and never even thought about milk duds and popcorn. I no longer wanted them or an icee! I sat in the movies very happy with my $4 water bottle. When I got home, I ate another 1/4 of hamburger and went to bed.

September 19, 2010

Woke up at 10!
WOW! I feel great and HUNGRY!!
I decide to step on the scale...

282!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it and I don't know how it happened but I am super excited!

G started making egg salad because this morning that is what I felt like eating.

I have now clipped my coupons and am ready to go to the store.

What a difference!!!

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm SO PROUD of you and how you've fought through the past few weeks. Things will be MUCH better going forward. I just know they will be.

    ReplyDelete