Friday, July 16, 2010

July 15, 2010

WOW oh WOW today I am 40!

How did I spend my day you ask?

Got up at 6 so I could go to a 7 am dentist appointment. I schedule them early so that G can watch the kids for me before he goes to work.

After the cleaning.... (WHO the fuck invented that damn scaler??? They should be SHOT on sight!)

I was driving home when I noticed that my van was out of gas. So great... now I get to get gas... Woo Whoo... excitement here!!

While I was driving to get gas, LabCorp called me. It seems that they weren't able to get all the blood they needed last week and can I come in again?

SERIOUSLY?? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???
I knew it! I just knew that man would screw up!!

Drive over to LabCorp and tell them I am NOT happy about being there again. They blame it on the "downtown" office needing more to sample. In my head I was thinking... "Why don't you just admit you screwed up! Now, here I am on what may be the shitiest birthday so far and you are standing there lying to ME!!!"
UUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!

So I drive home and G tells me that he is off to work. I REALLY thought he said he was taking the day off...................

Great! Now what?
My sweet girls bring me a cupcake while singing Happy Birthday to me!
Of course, I ate it. In fact, I ate 2!

Then we sat on the couch together and watched the recorded Big Brother and America's Got Talent results show........ Ok, maybe I am cold-hearted but I do NOT like those sisters who sing. I know they have health issues and singing is a big deal but I honestly thought that lady that painted was more talented! Oh.... off my soapbox now! ;)

So after we watched those 2 shows, we went to the pool. The boys didn't wanted to leave the comfort of tv viewing upstairs so they were less than thrilled. They asked me "Why do we have to go to the pool?"
My answer....... YUP!!!....... you guessed it................ BECAUSE I WANT TO GO AND TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

So off to the pool we went.
I bought 2 pizzas for the kids and a healthy subway for myself. I loaded the cooler with bottles of water and some capri suns.

After a huge dose of sunscreen we were off and swimming.

While at the pool my lovely children proceeded to tell everyone they ran into that "Mommy is 40 today!" Jee.... thanks kids.

We left the pool, came home, showered and left for VBS.
When I came home from VBS I took a nap.
I woke up to find a card from my friend SV that is good for a girls night out at the movies and a new box of crack... I mean sugarfree gum.

Then the world's best neighbor, SR, came over and brought me a card with a $40 gift card to STARBUCKS!!!!

I was talking with SR so long outside that I was late to pick up the kids from VBS.
When I walked into their VBS the kids were mad at me for being late but some of my friends were there and they were all greeting me with birthday wishes.

As soon as we got in the car.... CAN WE GO TO MOVIE NIGHT AT THE POOL???? was all 3 boys could say. The girls said they didn't want to go and I already said I didn't want to go so I called G and said... Whatever you are doing... you need to stop and take these boys because it is starting. Being the wonderful spouse that he is... he was home in less than 5 minutes... I am not sure what store he was at or what he was planning but taking the boys to the movie was a top priority for me at that point.

I decided to watch an old movie on tv while the girls played upstairs.

Ahhh.... the excitement of my life..........................

Tomorrow night............... TEXAS DE BRAZIL!!!!! I really hope this doesn't screw up my diet!


No comments:

Post a Comment