Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 18, 2010

So last night h and I spent the night in Granbury because today I am dropping H off at Girl Scout camp. L is going to Girl Scout camp also but her's is on the other side of Azle and H's is in Nemo, which is not too far from Granbury.

G and L got a ride home from M&M so now they are home and I am in Granbury at my mom's house. I love visiting with my mom when all the kids have gone to sleep. It seems like the only time we can talk and I'm not stressing over anyone "destroying" her house. Apparantly we haven't talked much lately because I went to be at 3! Now, I knew I would be sharing a bed with H and thought... Ok, she has slept with us a few times.... this won't be too bad. WRONG!!! I am not sure but I think she was dreaming that she was doing somersaults or something. One minute I was being punched in the face and the next I was being punched in the feet. Ohhhhhhh man. At 7, after being punched in my sore foot, I got up to pee and get a glass of water. H comes into the kitchen and says... "I am wide awake! I slept soooo good!" I told her... Good for you. Now try not to make any noise because I would prefer if h stayed asleep for a while longer and I am tired!

At 11 my mom woke me up and said.. "We're taking you to Babe's today for your birthday. Papa will come back with the boys (all 3??) and we can take H to camp."

Part of me wanted to JUMP out of bed. I FREAKIN' LOVE BABE'S chicken. Here is the problem... today I am suppose to start my slimfast all day thing.
I call my friend who was arranging a birthday dinner for Monday and tell her I can't go. I am already going out to eat Tuesday so there is NO way I can do this 3 days in a row before my appt.

When we got to Babe's I knew I was going to order the fried chicken. Yes, I know it is fried... probably the worst thing ever to order. However, if you have ever put their chicken in your mouth then you know you are on to something soooo good. Not to mention their sides that come with it. They start you off with a homemade buttermilk biscuit. My family LOVES to smother theirs in butter, syrup and/or sorgham. I opted for just butter. Sorry, I know that is bad but those biscuits are fresh out of the oven and the butter melts on it in a way that reminds you of hot caramel sliding down cold ice cream. While you are having a relationship with your biscuit they bring you the salad. I am not sure what they make their dressing with but I nearly grabbed my straw from my cup so I wouldn't have to waste any but I got the disapproving look from the other members of my family. When they bring you your food it is served family style. They bring homemade green beans, cream corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. Now this isn't the gravy you are thinking of unless you grew up in the South with a traditional grandma. This IS your Southern Baptist's Grandma's Gravy (or at least it was mine... I still miss you Nana!) Oh, that gravy is like the salad dressing... just give me a spoon and I will pretend it is soup. Oh my... it is THAT good. Then once you have sampled all that it is time for the chicken. That first taste that you have to rip off with your fingers because it is so hot. The super crunchy outside seasoned to perfection with that nice moist inside. YUMMY! Total perfection!! I want Babe's Chicken dinner to be my last meal!

As I hobbled back to the van I was so greatful that Papa decided to take h back home with him so H, Ma and I could take H to camp by ourselves. THANK YOU PAPA!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!

H had informed me earlier in the day that her fan was no longer working so I had already promised her a trip to Wal-Mart.

Ok... now before I go any further let me tell you that the one place I hate more than any other is Wal-Mart! I hate the people that shop there (Please... people... wear some clothes that fit, aren't stained in mysterious places and preferrably match... Oh and if you are shopping at midnight with your slippers on and your babies in tow... DO NOT get mad at your babies for crying... IT IS MIDNIGHT DUMBASS, go home and put those babies to bed... WAL-MART will unfortunately be here tomorrow!!!) Ok, off my soap box!!

Thankfully, it was around 2 in the afternoon when we walked into Wally World to find H a new fan and water bottle. Get the fan, get the water bottle, get sunscreen for the boys and get the hell out of their as quick as possible.

Next stop... SONIC because it is 1/2 price drink time!!
Yes, I just ate a HUGE lunch but that lemon slush is screaming out to me. The first drink I have, I thought I was going to gag because it is sweeter than I remember. Then I realize it is probably over 100 degrees and I welcome that sweet icy cold drink.
I also got 2 ice waters so I could fill up H's fan and water bottle.

Drive to Nemo and park outside the gate with the AIR ON!!
Once they open the gate we get her checked in and then I buy her something from the little camp store. (It will be delivered by PONY EXPRESS on Wed.... too cool!)

Check her into her tent cabin, scrape the 30 daddy longlegs off her nightstand. I do the same for her roommate because that little girls mom told her.... "THERE is NO Way I am touching that thing!" HEY LADY.... OR SHOULD I SAY... HEY DUMBASS.... YOUR DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE HERE FOR 6 DAYS... TRY NOT TO FREAK HER OUT ON THE FIRST ONE!!!

Kiss H goodbye and remind her that Ma will pick her up Friday because I will be in Austin.

We go back to Ma's and visit until 11. I was going to spend the night again but h kept talking about how he wanted to stay at Ma's house and I figured it would be easier on him if we just went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment