Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 19, 2010

Ok so I spent the day cleaning upstairs. Now if you really know me then you know my house is a disaster on a regular basis. The sad thing is that I don't really give a shit most of the time. Truth be told, I don't really like this house. We bought it because it was basically the first one I "kinda liked" before I was put on hospital bedrest with the triplets. Now that my kids are getting older I am finding out more and more what I want changed with this house. There are so many things I think it would just be quicker to sell it or tear it down and start over. Yesterday when I went upstairs I would have preferred the latter.
It was HORRIBLE!!!
I go up there once a week to clean that bathroom because the kids only use it to brush their teeth. They are always using the 1/2 bath or my toilet. Well every week when I go up there I run past the bedrooms via the obstacle course my children have left on the way.
So today I decided that it was time I worked on some bedrooms. I started with h's. I mean he is 5 so technically I should always clean his room. I have been so lazy for the past year that I guess I kinda expected him to do it and then I got angry when I had to. Which if you think about it is absolutely ridiculous!! I should have been doing it all along.
So when I got done with h's room 5 hours later I moved myself to the bathroom.
All these people use this bathroom for is brushing their teeth so why is there toothpaste ALL over the floor. I even found it UNDER the rug? Seriously? Do they just stand in the bathroom and squeeze the toothpaste onto the floor instead of their toothbrush? I really wonder.
All this time I was cleaning I only had 2 slimfasts, in addition to the cups of water and plain black coffee! Oh, did I mention I cleaned his room AFTER I cleaned the beer fridge downstairs? Yeah it is one of those fridges that is so old you have to MANUALLY defrost it?
So I keep sweating because there is something wrong with my ac upstairs. About 4:00 my friend SV called and asked me if I wanted to have a mommy playdate!! YEAH!! I am going to be rescued in about 2 hours!
So SV picks me up and immediately we try to figure out where to go. How about dinner and a movie? She tries to talk me into sushi but once she mentions something about shrimp I think... RED LOBSTER!! Do you know how long it has been since we went to Red Lobster??
So we walk in and I know I am in trouble.... I start thinking ok, I have an extra 190 calories because I didn't drink that 3rd slimfast..... bad thinking.....
I start off with a banana berry colada (ok.. bananas=potassium) giggle!!
Then I get a plate that has scallops with bacon, lobster tail and shrimp on a bed of seasoned corn and mashed potatoes. I did ask for a non-fat dressing with my side salad and they told me that they didn't have any. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? No non-fat dressing choices?? Ridiculous! So I order the balsamic vinegarette. To top it off I had one of their cheesy garlic biscuits!! Oh, to say I felt full was an understatement.
I waddle my way out to SV's car and we realize we missed the movie. There is another one in a few hours so we decide we will go to our friend KG's house, kidnap her and take her to the movies with us. KG said she couldn't go but we did run into my friend JH so we talked to her for awhile.
When we got to the theatre I bought a drink ONLY. Yes, this theatre had the DO IT YOURSELF BUTTER DISPENSER AND a cheese shaker!! Oh good grief... BUTTER & CHEESE... good thing I am beyond stuffed!!
Hey that Coke Zero tasted so good and made me run to the bathroom during the movie.... I hate that, especially when the main guy is Russell Crowe!! Oh... so yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment