Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 6, 2010

Today I decided to start my "modified liquid diet". I was going to start yesterday but I didn't have any slimfast AND I still had a few bottles of wine in the fridge. I mean I have a large family I can't be wasteful.
It is Sunday so I am in charge of breakfast, actually I am in charge of breakfast everyday but I'm not going there...
Ok... moving on....
I start making bacon and pancakes for my family. I have not been able to smell for almost 2 years but I know I can smell this bacon. It is hickory smoked maple bacon and I think I heard dogs down the street telling me to eat some but I don't. :)
I ask my youngest, and very adorable, son to bring me one of "mommy's special drinks". He brings me a wine juice box that I had apparently forgotten about. (I told you he was adorable!). I had to explain that this time mommy's special drink was chocolate milk in a can. The idea of chocolate milk in a can was too much for all my kids... they had to try it!
Genius! They can try it and if they cry then I will go buy a different flavor/brand. Well my kids didn't cry.. in fact when the can came back to me it was empty. I go retreive another can, shake it up really good and pour it into a cup with a lid and straw.
As I look around the table and see the other 6 people in my family scarfing down bacon and pancakes I see my lonely Texas Diva cup staring back at me. I decide to close my eyes and cover my ears before I take that first sip. As I go to take a drink I have a mantra in my head that sounds something like this "this is just a chocolate shake. it is sooo yummy. it does not taste bad. forget what you've heard about slimfast. this is going to be good. etc. etc"
I bend down for my first sip and BAM my head hits the table. Remember the adorable 5 year old? He moved the glass and is now laughing hysterically.
A few advil later, I suck it down.
First impression, not bad, not good, just ok....
I can still smell the bacon so I decide that I am going to have a cucumber (it's allowed).
I get up to throw away the peelings and when i get back to the table my cucumber is gone. These people that I live with that are eating bacon and pancakes like it is their last meal just ate my freakin' cucumber. The next cucumber I peel I keep with me!
Throughout the day I continue to follow the rules.
I have to go grocery shopping while the rest of my family goes swimming.
I am tempted by the drive thrus but I hold my ground and buy some sugar free gum and a scale.
For dinner I ate rotissery chicken, no skin with some green beans and a slice of french bread.
Before I go to bed I weigh myself
the results are NOT good and I am not ready to type the number but it is _ _ 7!
Shit... this is going to be harder than I thought........

No comments:

Post a Comment