Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20, 2010

Wake up to find 3 extra people in my bed and 2 on my couch....
I didn't start off with this many???

I decide that today is the 2 week mark but I am NOT going to weigh. Part of me is PETRIFIED over the results of a super yummy dinner that gave me heart burn throughout the night.

It's Fathers Day and G is making breakfast... french toast and BACON!!! BACON, BACON, BACON!!!!!! I join them at the table with my cucumber and slimfast. Not so politely I say "Get that FREAKIN' bacon on the other side of the table before I seriously injur someone!!!"

After breakfast H asks me if we can make something out of her CUPCAKE cookbook from the library?? SERIOUSLY, when is this nightmare going to end??? At first I say No but after getting the "dissapointment look" from G I ask her which one she would like to make. All of a sudden we are making Peanut Butter Fudge cupcakes with Fudge Peanut Butter frosting... and I am having fun!!! I haven't baked any sweets lately because I can't eat them. I realized today that I LOVE baking desserts. It is my true passion and I can do it and have fun without sampling!! It is possible! I can do it and I did do it!!
H's frosting came out a little thick so I added a few things to make it creamier and then I put it into a ziploc bag, cut the corner and piped it out onto our fresh cupcakes. H looked at me like I was a genious!!!! This was HUGE!! Lately she has been inhabited by "Alien H" with the overload on hormones but today I was the "smart mom"!!! YEAH!!!! I have Alien H on hold while me and my sweet H are bonding while baking!!! (Hey that would be a great name for a cookbook!!)

Once the cupcakes were done, H decided she didn't want to bake with me anymore.... something to do with Wii Sports Resort.

Well, I wasn't done.... I wanted to cook something else so I did. I made Butterscotch Fudge!! I don't know how it tastes but it sure looks good and I am pretty sure it smells good too!!!
Finally I asked h if he wanted to help me bake something. At first he said "no thanks" but then I reminded him of a cooking class he is taking next week so he came running in. I let him pour, measure and crack eggs. He had so much fun and when we were done we had made Butterscotch Brownies!!
G FINALLY got up from the computer and asked me where I wanted to go for dinner. Dinner?? I couldn't believe it was dinner time already. I told him not to worry about it because I had it "under control"!

Dinner this evening....
bacon wrapped filet
green beans
cheese tortellini salad
and NON sweet tea
followed by a little Wii Fit Plus.... that rythm boxing robot has NOTHING on me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment